Running successfully in the 4th year of its implementation, the Prime Ministers Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) is expected to continue over the next five-year plan with more than double the fund allocation, said the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) in a press statement on Monday.
The scheme was launched in 2008, with a total plan outlay of Rs 4,735 crore for four years (2008-09 to 2011-12). So far an amount of 2,955 crore rupees have been released by the Ministry under this scheme. In an encouraging trend, 1.36 lakh projects have been assisted so far, generating 13.16 lakh employment, release said........Read more
Source: SME Times